Devonport High School for Girls – End of Key Stage 4 and End of Key Stage 5 performance
We are extremely proud of the achievements of our students and congratulate them on their results.
2020 and 2021
Due to the cancellation of GCSE and A-Level examinations, there have been no nationally benchmarked results for the past 2 years. However, our students continued to perform well achieving excellent outcomes in both 2020 with Centre Assessed Grades and again in 2021 with Teacher Assessed Grades. For a breakdown of 2021 subject results please click the subject results link below. The last set of school performance tables were published for exams taken in 2019 and are linked below.
2019 validated results
- 68% 9-7 grades, Ofqual guidance equates a new grade 7 with the legacy grade A.
- 100% Basics Standard Pass, which is the percentage of students achieving 9-4 in English and mathematics.
- 98.3% Basics Strong Pass, which is the percentage of students achieving 9-5 in English and mathematics.
- Attainment 8: 74.1 (A grade average), which is our students' average total point score across a suite of 8 qualifying subjects.
- Progress 8: +0.63, which is a progress score shown as a proportion of a grade. The average grade our students achieved (Attainment 8) compared with students nationally who had a similar starting point (prior attainment) at the end of primary school. This figure means that on average our students achieved two-thirds of a grade higher than similar students nationally in 2019.
- 90.5% of the Year 11 cohort were entered for the English Baccalaureate meaning they studied at least English, mathematics, History or Geography, a modern foreign language and a science.
- 84.5% English Baccalaureate Standard Pass, which is the percentage of students achieving 9-4 in English, mathematics, a humanities (History or Geography), a modern foreign language and a science.
- 72.4% English Baccalaureate Strong Pass, which is the percentage of students achieving 9-5 in English, mathematics, a humanities (History or Geography), a modern foreign language and a science.
- EBacc average point score – 7.02
- EBacc English element average point score – 7.84
- EBacc Maths element average point score – 6.92
- EBacc Sciences element average point score – 7.36
- EBacc Languages element average point score – 5.60
- EBacc Humanities element average point score – 7.03
Comparisons with national outcomes can be made via the School Performance Tables website which can be accessed via the link below.